11th November 2019
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Haverfordwest Town Council, Picton Centre, 2 Picton Place, Haverfordwest SA61 2LU
An introductory or refresher training session, for new councillors, or those that want to know more about the planning system. A particular focus on where and how Community and Town Councils can impact planning, and ensure the community voice is heard.
This training session runs for 2.5 hours, with a 15 minute break. It is fully interactive with opportunities for questions and answers throughout. Refreshments will be provided.
This training session will provide:
- An overview of the planning system and key players involved
- An explanation of the role of Community and Town Councils in planning
- A look into community involvement in Local Development Plan preparation
- Insight into how planning applications are decided
- A description of recent changes to the planning system, including the introduction of pre-application community consultation and Place Plans.