19th March 2020
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The planning system has real value in protecting our natural and built environments, providing homes and jobs and regenerating our deprived town centres.
Welsh communities have more opportunity now than ever before to shape the future of the places where they live and work and contribute to community well-being.
Place Plans offer local communities, usually Town and Community Councils, an innovative opportunity to collaborate with local planning authorities to help achieve local aspirations. A Place Plan can add a very local layer of detail to the broader strategic plans produced by planning authorities.
By looking at the tools, techniques and the opportunities presented by Place Plans, this event will ask ‘what is the real value of Place Plans in your community?”’
This half-day event will :
- provide information to allow a greater understanding of Place Plans in Wales.
- Demonstrate tools, resources and guidance on Place Plan preparation – is a Place Plan appropriate for my community?
- Case-studies – learning from experience.
Who is this event for?
- Local Planning Authorities looking for guidance on how to support their communities in developing Place Plans.
- Community and Town Councils and community groups thinking about preparing a Place Plan but don’t know whether they should or where to start.
- Voluntary organisations with an interest in their local environment and community.
- Developers/agents interested in the savings that can be achieved through meaningful community engagement through Place Plans.
- Delegate £40
- Town & Community Councils and Voluntary Groups £30
- Planning Aid Wales Volunteers Free
- 10% reduction for organisations sending 4 or more delegates
The venue is 3 miles from J.34 of the M4. Car parking can be found close to the venue.
Please note: Lunch will not be provided at this afternoon event; however there will be Tea/Coffee and cake provided during registration and during the course of the afternoon.