Network event @ St. David’s Hall, Cardiff at 5pm on Monday 18th June 2018.
Planning works best when it works with local communities. Good engagement in planning make better places and contribute to community well-being.
By looking at the tools, the techniques and the opportunities presented by Place Plans, this event will ask ‘what is the real value of community engagement in planning in Wales?’
This event will:
- Demonstrate new tools, resources and guidance on Place Plans.
- Explain recent research on the value the planning system plays in Wales.
- Explore the value that good community engagement can bring to the planning system and people of Wales.
Who is this event for?
- Local Planning Authorities looking for guidance on how to support their communities in developing Place Plans.
- Community and Town Councils and community groups thinking about preparing a Place Plan but don’t know whether they should or where to start.
- Developers / agents interested in the savings that can be achieved through meaningful community engagement that goes beyond ‘box-ticking’.
The event will be followed by the Planning Aid Wales AGM.
When: 18th June, from 4.30pm to 8.00pm
Where: St David’s Hall, Cardiff
How much: Prices range from £10 to £20 (Planning Aid Wales volunteers free).